English Content Editor (World of Tanks)
The European Business Operations Center of Wargaming Europe is committed to publishing, promoting and supporting all Wargaming titles. Today, we are looking for a talented English Content Editor for our Paris office, to support our initiatives on World of Tanks. This is your chance to work in a fast-paced environment, and join a dynamic team of creative individuals that deliver quality materials for a leading games company.
What you will do:
- Work in the CMS to create, build, proofread, correct and update content for the World of Tanks portal (e.g. complex articles about particular tanks, gameplay guides, specials, and previews of upcoming game features)
- Research information and gather all assets needed to create web content from other departments and/or offices
- Develop specific web content for our European portals for translation in supporting languages
- Closely work with content specialists to enable the localization of content in a timely manner, and occasionally help them with their tasks
- Keep up to date with all World of Tanks-related features and updates
- Update our European portals following game updates (e.g. guides, and specific sections)
- Manage internal publications calendars to ensure consistency of featured publications on the World of Tanks portal
- Be a point of contact for World of Tanks with management, other departments and/or offices
- Prepare and introduce weekly update reports to the Content and Localization Department
- Produce monthly reports for management
- Report work logs in JIRA
- Occasionally train new team members on how to produce and edit content
- Cover for peers in the event of absences
- Native English speaker
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism or related communications field
- 1+ year of experience in a similar position
- Professional English editorial and grammar skills
- Intermediate to advanced level in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word and Excel)
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience working in a multilingual and multicultural environment
- Passion for and knowledge of Wargaming products, especially World of Tanks
- Strong knowledge and interest in the history of warfare during the mid-20th century
- A flexible, positive, collaborative and team-oriented attitude
- Able to multitask, focus and provide quality work under pressure
- Additional language skills, particularly in Russian, Polish, French, Spanish, Turkish, Czech or German
- Familiar with the online games industry (preferably free-to-play games)
- Familiar with JIRA, Confluence
- Experience with CMS
- Familiar with HTML, XML
When applying, please demonstrate your creativity and writing skills by either choosing a complex topic associated with World of Tanks, and explain it in a didactic document (1500–3000 characters). Alternatively, you may write a short story (no more than 3000 characters) that involves a tank or scene from World of Tanks. The text should be attached to your application.
Please feel free to include any links to your blog or web pages you have worked on previously. Please make sure to indicate in your email's subject line which position you are applying for.
All application forms need to include:
- A cover letter in English
- A curriculum vitae in English
- Your article in line with World of Tanks
Only applications with all required information in English will be considered and processed. Wargaming is an internationally operating online gaming company with offices in Belarus, Ukraine, Russia, France, the United States, South Korea, Singapore, Japan, and Australia. Our office language is English.
All application forms need to include a cover letter and curriculum vitae in English and need to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Complete the form below, telling us why you’d be a great fit at Wargaming, and you could be part of our awesome family.