Wargaming Helsinki are seeking a talented Game Designer who will contribute to designing game features, gameplay and user interfaces for a new product in development. You strive for a clear and cohesive vision for user experience, and work with engineers, artists, producers, and other designers to make that a reality. You understand that depth doesn’t require complexity and that simple doesn’t mean shallow. You’re self-motivated, collaborative, and have a positive, solution-oriented attitude, and you easily share this expertise with a team.
The Game Designer will report to the Game Design Lead
What you will do:
- Based on your experience and qualifications, you’ll participate in several aspects of mid and/or hard core F2P mobile games design (e.g. feature design, social design, monetization design, game balancing, character design, interaction design, level design etc.)
- Create wireframes, feature descriptions, presentations and UI layouts using appropriate tools
- Collaborate with other Game Designers, Project Managers and other members of a cross-functional team
- Provide understanding and foresight for current as well as future user needs
Who are you:
- Experience in creating and leading game concepts
- Experience in designing mid-core (or hard core) F2P mobile games
- Broad and deep knowledge and understanding of game mechanics
- Experience in game and economy balancing
- Ability to receive, evaluate, prioritize and incorporate feedback
- Clear understanding of current mobile game trends
- Ability to communicate game design and vision
- Desire to create great games
What additional skills can set you apart:
- Comfortable with MS Excel
- Experience with Competitive Multiplayer Games
- Experience with mobile UX/UI
- Unity Engine experience
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Delivering legendary games since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the free-to-play MMO gaming industry with 4500+ employees and more than 20 offices globally. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming’s titles across all major gaming platforms, including the massively popular World of Tanks and World of Warships.
Working in our company means always having interesting challenges and gaining valuable experience while working with top-class experts.