Global Head of Procurement, Prague
Wargaming is looking for an experienced professional in the procurement field to become the Global Head of Procurement in our Prague-based office. In this role, you will manage teams located across our Cyprus HQ, Kiev, Minsk and Prague offices, totalling around 15 people, and be responsible for sourcing activities for the Wargaming Group. This will involve developing some of the procurement processes post-merger for functions, setting up a contract management unit for standardized contract management processing and overseeing procurement activity for global requests.
The successful candidate will work with business stakeholders to define, create and deploy innovative global strategies to secure supply, manage cost, and improve efficiency in the procurement of assigned categories. We currently have spend-category managers for marketing, IT and professional services.
As a member of the CFO management team, you will be responsible for driving Wargaming’s vision, values and strategy in procurement. You will also manage multiple relationships across Wargaming, contributing to the success of the CFO function overall, in close corporation with other departments such as Finance Operations, Corporate Reporting, and Legal.
Chief of Staff to the CFO & Head of Shared Services
What you will do?
- Partner with business stakeholders to tailor a toolkit that consists of framework agreements, standard templates (RFP and evaluation criteria) and incorporates a total cost of ownership (TCO) approach as well as supplier KPIs, for assigned categories
- Develop sourcing strategies based on annual budget plans for procurement
- Establish strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Identify and improve all aspects of the procurement process from processing incoming requests from internal stakeholders to tendering (supply chain management) and service/maintenance contracting, up to getting feedback from stakeholders on further process improvements
- Manage tender prequalification, evaluation and on-boarding of approved vendors
- Manage annual vendor review, evaluation and improvement processes
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce costs and improve effectiveness
- Perform purchase-category management
- Review and control global contracts with strategic vendors on a regular basis (including negotiations and communication)
- Perform risk management assessments for vendor contracts and agreements
What are we looking for?
- 10+ years’ experience in global procurement environment, managing direct reports, and leadership experience, including significant exposure to senior levels of management
- Comfortable with ambiguity and being a part of complex strategy discussions
- Ability to skilfully navigate a complex environment that is akin to a “family company”, developing it into a structured business and understanding stakeholders and their needs
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to analyze data, understand market trends and develop recommendations for action based on the analysis
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work efficiently in a fast-paced, dynamic and changing multicultural environment
- Proven track record in building highly effective interpersonal business relationships in a matrixed organization
- Knowledge of professional services (legal, tax, audit, etc.)
- Experience in conducting business in the CIS region or an understanding of CIS culture
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in indirect or direct procurement, supply chain management or any other related field
- Recognized international standard (CIPS or equivalent) with track record of delivering effective supply chain solutions
Czech/Russian language skills
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Delivering legendary games since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the free-to-play MMO gaming industry with 4500+ employees and more than 20 offices globally. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming’s titles across all major gaming platforms, including the massively popular World of Tanks and World of Warships.
Working in our company means always having interesting challenges and gaining valuable experience while working with top-class experts.
Take your place among our passionate and experienced team and bring out the best in yourself at Wargaming!