Wargaming is looking for a Production Director to join our passionate team in Berlin and become a central part in the development of new multiplatform games.
Driven by two decades of passion and love for free-to-play MMOs, Wargaming is now looking to continue our expansion and delivery of legendary games to audiences across the world. As a result, we are looking for a Production Director to join our experienced team in Berlin. In this role you will be highly influential when it comes to shaping and delivering new multiplatform game experiences globally, with the opportunity to make your own mark on the industry.
The ideal candidate for this position would have a huge passion for f2p games, a good understanding of multi-platform Unity development, have a process-oriented mindset, and have experience collaborating with both internal and external development teams.
The Production Director reports directly to the Executive Producer
What will you do?
- Support teams in a wide variety of ways including design, vision refinement, process refinement
- Manage a small team that ensures our milestones have full velocity tracking and that risk mitigation plans are made as quickly as the data is available
- Support teams in running a variety of project management methodologies (Scrum, Agile, Waterfall, Kanban, etc.)
- Evaluate and give feedback on game features as they come online as well as looking at overall development milestones against their acceptance criteria
- Provide visibility in project tracking and team health, seeing the bigger picture and reporting on progress
- Work with distributed teams and outsource partners to ensure delivery of their components on time and at an acceptable degree of quality
- Build visibility into project costs and look for ways to optimise
- Build a suite of production processes and practices that will help the multiplatform business work more efficiently
- Mentor other producers and product managers as they join the team
What are we looking for?
- Process-oriented individual with strong production experience
- Passionate f2p multiplatform game player
- Hands-on approach, with a full-stack knowledge of all aspects of designing and building a game
- Proven track record of delivering milestones that met or exceeded expectations
- Not scared to get in amongst the weeds on a project, but able to retain the detachment needed to make the right calls
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Experience with JIRA, Trello, Asana, Smartsheet, MS Project
- Experience running multiplatform game development projects
- Experience working with highly distributed development and support teams
What we offer:
- Joining an international team of people passionate about gaming
- Working in one of the main European hubs for multiplatform game development
- Startup within a company with 20 years of experience in game development
- Unlimited leave upon manager approval
- Public transportation ticket
- Company cell phone of your choice
- Gym membership
- Snacks, drinks, and fruit in the office
- Home Internet reimbursement
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Delivering legendary games since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the free-to-play MMO gaming industry with 4500+ employees and more than 20 offices globally. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming’s titles across all major gaming platforms, including the massively popular World of Tanks and World of Warships.
Working in our company means always having interesting challenges and gaining valuable experience while working with top-class experts.
Take your place among our passionate and experienced team and bring out the best in yourself at Wargaming!