Senior Technical Artist
Wargaming are on the lookout for an outgoing, experienced Technical Artist to help us ship groundbreaking new products based out of our office in Berlin. An ideal candidate for this role should be goal-oriented and relish optimizing art/design workflows, bridging the gap between the disciplines.
The Senior Technical Artist reports directly to the Art Director
What will you do?
- Interact closely with the core Berlin Creative Team to develop and maintain workflows, toolchains and tools for our artists worldwide
- Proactively identify and solve problems before they affect the development teams
- Implement new techniques/technology across multiple art disciplines to aid creativity, quality and efficiency
- Communicate solutions to both artists and engineers
- Effectively document solutions and maintain reference materials.
What are we looking for?
- 2+ years of applicable professional experience as a technical artist with knowledge of engines (especially Unity) and art pipelines
- Experience using 3ds Max is a must
- Familiarity working and developing in a multi-platform, multi-project environment
- Industry experience with at least two shipped titles
- Open to travel to meet and support other Wargaming Multi-platform studios
- Ability to demonstrate creativity and technical innovation within the constraints of a platform
- Strong communication and organisational skills
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- A strong art (especially 3D) portfolio
- Experience in scripting and programming languages (Maxscript, MEL, C#, etc.)
What we offer:
- Joining an international team of people passionate about gaming
- Working in one of the main European hubs for multi-platform game development
- Startup within a company with 20 years of experience in game development
- Unlimited leave upon manager approval
- Public transportation ticket
- Company cell phone of your choice
- Gym membership
- Snacks, drinks, and fruit in the office
- Home Internet reimbursement
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Delivering legendary games since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the free-to-play MMO gaming industry with 4500+ employees and more than 20 offices globally. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming’s titles across all major gaming platforms, including the massively popular World of Tanks and World of Warships.
Working in our company means always having interesting challenges and gaining valuable experience while working with top-class experts.
Take your place among our passionate and experienced team and bring out the best in yourself at Wargaming!