Senior Game Designer (FPS)
Wargaming Mobile is seeking a talented Senior Game Designer who will contribute to game modes, control schemes, combat scenarios, weapon balance and user interfaces for a new Mobile Shooter in development. You will be the one adding octane to the game’s core battle systems!
You strive for a clear and cohesive vision for action-packed user experiences, and work with engineers, artists, producers, and other designers to make that a reality. If you’re self-motivated, collaborative, and have a positive, solution-oriented attitude, and you easily share this expertise with a team, read on.
The ideal candidate for this role would have a number of years designing game titles, enjoy playing shooters on PC and consoles, as well as being passionate about bringing that experience to our mobile product team.
The Senior Game Designer will report to the Executive Producer
What will you do?
- Design and prototype exciting control systems, game modes, combat scenarios, action-packed features and engagement systems for an amazing shooter on mobile
- Create wireframes, feature descriptions, presentations and UI layouts using appropriate tools
- Collaborate with other Game Designers, Project Managers and other members of a cross-functional team
- Be a constant student of evolving game dynamics, emerging player behavior and trends, and champion these insights to improve effectiveness of design efforts
- Solve difficult game design problems that are worth solving; combine Combat Gameplay, Thematic Elements, Monetization, and Social Mechanics into a holistic experience
What are we looking for?
- 5+ Years of Game Design Experience in mobile and ideally free-to-play (F2P) games
- Experience in First Person and Third Person Shooter design, as well as 3D combat design
- Ability to design and tweak the behaviors of in-game characters, guns and vehicles.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to organize game design workflow from initial concept to final release and post-release support
- Must be proficient in Excel, and able to provide visual designs with mock-ups in an art program of your choice (i.e. Illustrator, Photoshop, Sketchup, etc.)
- Strong analytical abilities and able to synthesize game systems and mechanics to improve game features and systems
- Ability to devise scalable, futureproof designs which can adapt efficiently to evolving expectations and the needs of a live game
- Clear understanding of current mobile shooter game trends
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Experience building large scale MMO game systems
- Experience in designing mid-core (or hardcore) mobile games
- Experience with competitive multiplayer games
- Experience with mobile UX/UI design practices
- Experience working with the Unity game engine
- Experience in a programming / scripting language
What we offer:
- Joining an international team of people passionate about gaming
- Working in one of the main European hubs for mobile game development
- Startup within a company with 20 years of experience in game development
- Unlimited leave upon manager approval
- Public transportation ticket
- Company cell phone of your choice
- Gym membership
- Snacks, drinks, and fruit in the office
- Home Internet reimbursement
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Delivering legendary games since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the free-to-play MMO gaming industry with 4500+ employees and more than 20 offices globally. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming’s titles across all major gaming platforms, including the massively popular World of Tanks and World of Warships.
Working in our company means always having interesting challenges and gaining valuable experience while working with top-class experts.
Take your place among our passionate and experienced team and bring out the best in yourself at Wargaming!