Manual QA Engineer (World of Tanks Kyiv)
World of Tanks Kyiv is looking for a QA Engineer to join the Team on a full-time basis. As an QA Engineer you will be focusing on testing of new features and modes for World of Tanks. It will span across all of the game components and systems and cover all phases of development cycle. You will be a part of cross-functional development team whose goal is to flesh out the vision into a product in the Happy Players’ hands.
World of Tanks
World of Tanks is a cult MMO game dedicated to armored machines that has won the affection of players all over the world. A variety of in-game locations, historical accuracy, realistic gameplay — join the army of tankers already tearing up the battlefield and plunge into legendary combat! If you haven’t, give it a try.
World of Tanks Kyiv
World of Tanks Kyiv is an integral part of the World of Tanks family. We love Tanks, therefor a link to your profile in The Game will fast-track you in the candidates’ pipeline. Our main values are Team, Trust, Transparency, and Tanks.
● We play co-op
● A 35 people cross-functional team of senior tech experts passionate about Tanks and Games
● Key tech stack: Python, C++, Scaleform
● We deliver our own ideas to players (full development cycle)
● We collaborate with 15 Wargaming studios worldwide
● Team hobbies:
● Playing WoT, DotA, and PUBG
● Literally making tanks (bricks, metal, plastic, etc)
● Environment open for innovation, questions, and initiatives
● Management via context
● Minimum to no micromanagement
● Transparent compensation system
● Bonus based on individual contribution to product performance
● Individual Development Plan integrated with education
● Participation in international industry conferences (GDC, Gamescom, E3, etc.)
● Develop new features that will be available to millions of players worldwide
● Whole product focus: client, server, and tools development
● Help shape our own conferences — WG Fest, 4C
● 28 days of paid vacation. Covered sick leaves, medical insurance
● Own gym, sports teams: football, yoga, etc.
● Game consoles, hardware at the office
● Snacks, drinks at the kitchen
What will you do?
- Quality assurance and control for features
● Client-server features testing
● Integration testing between game components, game and web services
● Game development tools testing
● UI elements, Art objects (maps, tanks, etc.), Sound testing
● Creating and maintaining of testing documentation (test suites, test cases, checklists, instructions for testing, etc.)
● Auto-test results processing
● External testing results processing
What are we looking for?
● 2+ years of testing experience
● Understanding specifics of client-server model
● Ability to use testing theory in practice
● Work experience with bug tracking and test management systems (Jira, Redmine)
● Work experience with Version Control Systems (SVN\Perforce\Git)
● Analytical thinking, systems thinking approach in task solution
● Ability to explain complex things by simple words
● Intermediate or higher level of English
What additional skills will help you stand out?
● World of Tanks player
● Python knowledge and ability to analyze code
● Knowledge of windows and *nix systems
● Work experience with CI Systems (TeamCity\Jenkins)
● Client-server game development experience