Wargaming Helsinki is on the lookout for a talented VFX artist to help us with pushing our games’ visual effects to the next level! You’ll be collaborating within our close-knit team and strive for the best quality possible.
The ideal candidate is flexible and has a proven track record in the mobile gaming industry. You get the chance to make stuff blow up in a fantastic, highly polished product!
The VFX Artist will report to the Art Lead
What you will do:
- Create awesome stylised VFX based on specs provided by the Art Lead
- Collaborate with technical artists to create a toolset for making the best effects possible
- Work with designers to make our games feel fantastic to play
- Ensure high quality of VFX assets and be responsible for meeting project requirements and specifications
- Agility to take on occasional tasks needed to improve the quality of our game
Who are you:
- 2+ years of experience as a VFX artist working within games or another related industry
- Strong familiarity with Unity regarding the creation and implementation of VFX, from particle systems to animation and material setup
- Knowledge of limitations regarding mobile device performance, and how to get around them!
- Professional and collaborative attitude, self-driven with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Capable of receiving and providing constructive criticism
What additional skills can set you apart:
- Knowledge of 3D packages like 3ds Max, Blender or Maya
- Technical art skills such as pipeline development and tooling
- Shader programming knowledge
- Performance optimization knowledge, especially for mobile devices
- Animation skills
What we offer at Wargaming Helsinki:
- Opportunity to work with an experienced, humble and nimble development team with one mission: Make. Legendary. Games.
- Autonomy and independence: take decisions without layers of management or bureaucracy
- You’ll be part of the international Wargaming ecosystem
- Competitive compensation and benefits plan
- Relocation support for all new employees, non-Finnish/EU citizens included
- Work in an open and friendly office environment in the center of Helsinki
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Delivering legendary games since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the free-to-play MMO gaming industry with 4500+ employees and more than 20 offices globally. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming’s titles across all major gaming platforms, including the massively popular World of Tanks and World of Warships.
Working in our company means always having interesting challenges and gaining valuable experience while working with top-class experts.