Game Director (m/f)
Wargaming Mobile is currently on the lookout for a Game Director with to join our rapidly growing office in Berlin. In this position you will be in charge of work on a new stealth R&D simulation project. You lead the R&D for this product and drive its success by leveraging our passionate internal team and collaborating closely with the head of Wargaming Mobile.
In addition to experience of building and managing R&D teams for the mobile platform, the ideal candidate would have experience of developing at least one simulation style game and hold a big passion for music as well as live events.
The Game Director will report to the Head of Wargaming Mobile
What will you do?
- Lead R&D for a new product, a simulation game, from scratch
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to define the design, visual style and feel of the game
- SWOT and market analysis of the new project
- Build development roadmaps for features and content
- Evaluate development milestones against acceptance criteria to ensure project is on track
- Work with the marketing team on understanding the ongoing market trends and positioning of the product
- Report to the leadership team about the development of the product, successes and roadblocks
- Build visibility into project costs and look for ways of optmization
What are we looking for?
- Successful track record in shipping simulation game titles
- A good understanding of the mobile gaming trends
- Passion for music, festivals, and live events
- Player- and data-oriented approach to game development
- Master of communication at all levels within organisation
- Not scared to get in amongst the weeds on a project, but able to retain the detachment needed to make the right high-level calls
- Great verbal and written communication skills in English
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Experience building mobile simulation games is a big plus
- Background in game design, UI/UX design is a plus
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Delivering legendary games since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the free-to-play MMO gaming industry with 4500+ employees and more than 20 offices globally. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming’s titles across all major gaming platforms, including the massively popular World of Tanks and World of Warships.
Working in our company means always having interesting challenges and gaining valuable experience while working with top-class experts.
Take your place among our passionate and experienced team and bring out the best in yourself at Wargaming!