Visual Development Artist
Wargaming Mobile, the dynamic new arm of the legendary creator of World of Tanks, is looking to hire an experienced and ambitious Visual Development Artist to our Berlin team. It’s your chance to influence the visual direction of the worlds and inhabitants of our exciting new products. We seek a person with outstanding creative vision, strong communication skills and the will to challenge themselves and grow those around you.
The Visual Development Artist reports directly to the Art Director
What will you do?
- Produce a high quality of pre-vis design and artwork
- Be able to take a basic brief and flesh it out with own R&D
- Create mood and reference boards for artists as required
- Pursue a high quality of both aesthetics and visual storytelling
- Work closely with game artists to produce the highest quality assets
- Work closely with designers to help realise and communicate their visions
- Proactively seek feedback from Leads, CD and AD
- Proactively keep Leads, CD and AD informed of progress and developments
- Work within the technical constraints of the medium and propose creative solutions to further the form
What are we looking for?
- 2+ years industry experience
- Appropriate degree or training
- Artistic expertise and flair.
- An interest in learning to understand and work within the restraints of the medium
- Ability to work with a high degree of self-direction and motivation
- Comfortable working in a team setting, under deadlines and time constraints
- Familiarity with 3ds Max and Photoshop
- Strong communication skills, verbal and visual
- Technical problem solving skills
- Exceptional design and aesthetic sensitivity
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- A thirst for knowledge: Wargaming Mobile welcomes applicants who do not possess a background in games but are knowledgeable of the medium and seek to understand it better
- Working knowledge of Illustrator and Adobe Creative Suite
- Knowledge of ZBrush
- Unity/Unreal knowledge
- A love of pop culture and film
- Passionate gamer, mobile, console or PC
What we offer:
- Joining an international team of people passionate about gaming
- Working in one of the main European hubs for mobile game development
- Startup within a company with 20 years of experience in game development
- Unlimited leave upon manager approval
- Public transportation ticket
- Company cell phone of your choice
- Gym membership
- Snacks, drinks, and fruit in the office
- Home Internet reimbursement
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Delivering legendary games since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the free-to-play MMO gaming industry with 4500+ employees and more than 20 offices globally. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming’s titles across all major gaming platforms, including the massively popular World of Tanks and World of Warships.
Working in our company means always having interesting challenges and gaining valuable experience while working with top-class experts.
Take your place among our passionate and experienced team and bring out the best in yourself at Wargaming!