General Manager, Europe
Wargaming is looking to hire a General Manager to drive all of our publishing efforts for Europe and MENA. This individual will be responsible for designing, developing, and executing a strategy to attract and retain players. This is a challenging and crucial role within a very complex multinational organization, and it requires overall responsibility for our European operations, including revenue, in addition to working with the leadership team on the strategic development and growth of the overall Wargaming business.
Reporting to the Deputy Head of Global Publishing and based in Paris, France, this individual will sit on the executive publishing team and play a key role in Wargaming’s future growth as a leading publisher.
The ideal candidate will have deep experience within the games industry and a successful track record of building games publishing businesses in the European market.
What you will do:
- Build a system that enables long-term growth and sustainability of Wargaming’s ability to attract and retain players in the European and MENA markets
- Design, develop, and execute a vision for Wargaming’s publishing presence for the European market across all platforms (including build-out and management of the strategic business plan for Europe)
- Architect an environment, ecosystem, and team which is focused on attracting and retaining players
- Take full P&L responsibility. Define and shape operating, financial, and user growth targets for Europe
- Provide regular, high-quality, accurate, and timely executive management information, reports, and analysis as required and ensure our business confirms to both country and regional laws and regulations
- Drive accountability and a foundation for sustained and predictable revenue and user growth across the European market
- Play a critical role in building and expanding on the success of Wargaming’s products in the European and MENA markets and make recommendations on the appropriate business model, launch strategy, and ongoing publishing plans
- Partner with the broader Wargaming organization to ensure best practice and knowledge sharing across the organization
- 5+ years in a leadership role within the gaming/technology industry and European market, ideally from a top game publisher or a western publisher with a presence in Europe
- Pre-existing network and relationships within the gaming industry (talent, platform providers, channel providers, vendors, etc.)
- Experience operating in a complex, multinational and highly matrixed environment with constant change and ambiguity
- Deep understanding of the European landscape from a cultural and market knowledge perspective
- Deep understanding of the European player/consumer behavior
- Passion for delivering the best player experience across all departments and products
- Wide array of experience across the full scope of publishing strategy, operations, and services
- Exposure to multiple platforms (PC, mobile, AR, VR, console, etc.), business models (F2P, premium, boxed product, etc.), and game genres (MMO, MOBA, strategy, FPS, etc.)
- Proven ability to create strategy and drive execution with player-centric mindset
- Ability to operate both at a very tactical (day-to-day operational decisions and rolling up your sleeves) and strategic (setting and maintaining high-level vision and strategy) level
- Strong verbal command of English
- Result-oriented leader, entrepreneurial mindset
- Strong relationship-building skills and experience working closely with senior executives and staff alike
- Proven ability to recruit, build, develop, and coach high-performing teams
Only applications with all required information in English will be considered and processed. Wargaming is an internationally operating online gaming company with offices in Belarus, Ukraine, Russia, France, the United States, South Korea, Singapore, Japan, and Australia. Our office language is English.
All application forms need to include a cover letter and resume in English and be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Complete the form below, telling us why you’d be a great fit at Wargaming, and you could be part of our awesome family.