Wargaming Forge 3D Art Course
Location: Lithuania, Serbia, Cyprus
Duration: The end of March 2024 - The first part of June 2024
Format: Pre-recorded lectures / online feedback sessions / practical tasks
Application period: February 12 – March 4, 2024 (until 24:00, UTC+2)
Terms: Free course in English (20 hrs/wk for educational videos, feedback, and practical tasks)
Additional information: Candidates should be legally eligible to work in Serbia, Lithuania or Cyprus (visas and work permits are not sponsored by Wargaming for this type of positions)
Important information: The best course graduates will be offered a 6-month paid internship (minimum 20 hrs/wk)
Application process: application form -> test task -> video interview -> answer
This is a unique course for novice artists with a passion for 3D Art who want to reach a new professional level. Our mentors are ready to share their expertise and teach you about the technologies and tools used in 3D game development for you to gain the practical knowledge necessary for modeling objects in games. You’ll have to study normal mapping in detail, get acquainted with its application features, and learn more about texture and pipeline production.
Be prepared, there will be a lot of practical tasks! Under the guidance of our mentors, you’ll obtain the knowledge and learn to apply all the knowledge you’ve acquired in your work.
Please note that course participants are responsible for having sufficient hardware and software to be able to carry out tasks related to the course.
What will you learn?
- Develop your skills in modeling, normal map creation, and texturing with Substance Painter
- Work with textiles in Marvelous Designer, touch upon photogrammetry and final render in Marmoset
- Improve your artistic skills, better understand PBS and composition., and learn how to properly render surface textures
- Familiarize yourself with Substance Painter and touch upon photogrammetry
- Acquire public speaking skills, learn how to create a compelling presentation, and prepare for public speaking with confidence.
- Create a 3D model for the game as part of the graduation project
What are we looking for?
- Practical experience in using one of the modeling programs (Blender, Maya, 3ds Max, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of texturing in Adobe Photoshop and confident knowledge of Substance Painter
- Understanding of PBS principles
- Up-to-date portfolio
- English proficiency
What will help you stand out?
- Basic knowledge of Zbrush and Marvelous Designer
- Desire to work at Wargaming
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Operating since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the gaming industry with 16 offices around the world, including studios in Chicago, Prague, Shanghai, Sydney, Tokyo, and Vilnius. Millions of players enjoy Wargaming's titles across all major gaming platforms. Our flagship products include the free-to-play hits World of Tanks, World of Warships and World of Tanks Blitz.
Official website: https://wargaming.com/en/
About Wargaming Forge
Wargaming Forge offers a range of opportunities for talented individuals to undertake a unique, first-class internship at one of the biggest names in game development. The program has proved to be a great success with 90% of interns becoming full-time employees at Wargaming and currently offers courses in Vilnius, Prague, Belgrade, and Nicosia, with plans to expand to other studios in the future. Applicants will learn from industry experts, all while gaining valuable hands-on experience that will allow them to take the first step in their game dev career.
Official website: https://wgforge.wargaming.com/