Wargaming Forge Visual Effects (VFX) Course
Location: Lithuania, Serbia, Cyprus
Duration: The end of March 2024 - The first part of June 2024
Format: Pre-recorded lectures / online feedback sessions / practical tasks
Application period: February 12 – March 4, 2024 (until 24:00, UTC+2)
Terms: Free course in English (20 hrs/wk for educational videos, feedback, and practical tasks)
Additional information: Candidates should be legally eligible to work in Serbia, Lithuania or Cyprus (visas and work permits are not sponsored by Wargaming for this type of positions)
Important information: The best course graduates will be offered a 3-month paid internship (minimum 20 hrs/wk)
Application process: application form -> test task -> video interview -> answer.
The Visual Effects (VFX) course is for those interested in learning the basics of creating effects for video games, such as smoke, fire, explosions as well as preparing static and animated textures, effects based on 3D meshes, and smoke simulations for them. You’ll gain lots of valuable knowledge and have the chance to be part of a team of like-minded people who are experienced visual effects artists. Then, under the guidance of your mentors, you’ll put together your own VFX portfolio using the approaches employed at Wargaming. Get ready to convert your theoretical knowledge into practical application, prove yourself, and become a part of Wargaming!
Please note that course participants are responsible for having sufficient hardware and software to be able to carry out tasks related to the course. You will need to run smoothly Unreal Engine 5 and make simulations and rendering in Houdini.
What will you learn?
- Learn about the creation of game effects and create smoke and fire effects from scratch using Unreal Engine
- Learn to create material for effects and simulate animated textures
- Learn to use different shader features to control effects and create effects based on 3D models
- Create a visual effects portfolio with the skills of a beginner VFX artist that will allow you to successfully start a career in the game development industry
- You will also acquire public speaking skills, learn how to create a compelling presentation and prepare for public speaking with confidence.
What are we looking for?
- Basic knowledge of Photoshop (ability to collage images, and work with layers)
- Ability to model in one 3D package (Maya, 3ds Max, Blender, etc.)
- Up-to-date portfolio (3D/2D illustrations, screenshots of game prototypes, interface samples, animations, ads)
- Possessing an artistic eye and understanding of basic artistic principles
- High learning ability
- English proficiency
What will help you stand out?
- Basic knowledge of Unreal Engine
- Passion for gaming
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Operating since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the gaming industry with 16 offices around the world, including studios in Chicago, Prague, Shanghai, Sydney, Tokyo, and Vilnius. Millions of players enjoy Wargaming's titles across all major gaming platforms. Our flagship products include the free-to-play hits World of Tanks, World of Warships and World of Tanks Blitz.
Official website: https://wargaming.com/en/
About Wargaming Forge
Wargaming Forge offers a range of opportunities for talented individuals to undertake a unique, first-class internship at one of the biggest names in game development. The program has proved to be a great success with 90% of interns becoming full-time employees at Wargaming and currently offers courses in Vilnius, Prague, Belgrade, and Nicosia, with plans to expand to other studios in the future. Applicants will learn from industry experts, all while gaining valuable hands-on experience that will allow them to take the first step in their game dev career.
Official website: https://wgforge.wargaming.com/