Gameplay Programmer, WoWP
Wargaming is growing their Kiev based development studio and we’re looking for a Gameplay Programmer to work on new and exciting features for our free-to-play MMO title World of Warplanes.
As an engineer you will be focusing on development of new gameplay features and modes for World of Warplanes. Your role will span across all game components, systems and cover all phases of the development cycle.
To be successful, you’ll need to have a passion for the video game industry, previous video game industry experience isn’t essential but a hunger to learn is. You’ll be a generalist programmer with Python or C++ skills, thrive in a multicultural environment and want to make great games.
The Gameplay Programmer will report to the Lead Engineer.
What will you do?
• Design and implement subsystems for new versions of World of Warplanes client and Server
• Optimize and re-factor game logic and dependent modules
• Prototype and implement in-game UI
• Create highly efficient (memory and performance speed) client components interacting with the game server.
What are we looking for?
• 3 years + Python or C++ programming skills including distributed and remote debugging techniques.
• A strong desire to create world-class games
• Demonstrable understanding how software architecture choices impact the operational efficiency of computing hardware.
• Knowledge of commonly used data structures, design patterns, and algorithms
• Passion for the video game industry and hungry to learn
• Good English verbal and written communication skills
• Self-motivated and well organized
What additional skills will help you stand out?
• Degree in Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent.
• Experience using Agile methodologies
• Values good documentation and communication of processes.
• Professional experience working with Linux-based server deployments.
• Familiar with databases, kafka, amqp.
• Collaboration with cross-functional team and external teams on design and implementation of features.
• Experience in the game development industry, and related technology (e.g. Unreal, Unity)
• English Language skills.
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Delivering legendary games since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the free-to-play MMO gaming industry with 4500+ employees and more than 20 offices globally. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming’s titles across all major gaming platforms, including the massively popular World of Tanks and World of Warplanes.
Working in our company means always having interesting challenges and gaining valuable experience while working with top-class experts.
Take your place among our passionate and experienced team and bring out the best in yourself at Wargaming!