Senior Art Director
Wargaming Mobile seeks an experienced, world-class Art Director to join our game development team. We need a proven leader who's capable of taking a seat at the table with other department heads and able to help visualize games from the ground up. Bring your ideas and be prepared to help shape the vision of our games.
The ideal candidate would have extensive experience in art direction, growing art teams and launching simultaneous products.
The Art Director reports directly to the Executive Producer
What will you do?
- Develop the visual style, design, and overall look of our games
- Lead the creation of engaging game characters, assets, and environments
- Define visual and art standards/systems and ensure all creative material is consistent
- Take responsibility for all visual aesthetics of our games including concept art, character design, models, environments, animations, UI, cinematics, and more
- Collaborate with the production leaders when establishing the look, feel, design, colour, and mood of our games
- Be accountable for marketing/publishing art content created by Ad Creative teams
- Investigate new art technologies which can aid in our efforts to create the most beautiful games possible
- Grow and manage teams of 2d artists, 3d artists, animators, and tech artists
- Actively conduct art reviews, manage the approval and sign off processes for art assets
- Research and explore best practices in art; lead the development of standards, pipelines, processes, and feedback mechanisms
- Establish a collaborative art culture that engages talent and maximizes team potential
- Lead inter-department communications as they relate to art
- Identify, engage with, and supervise art outsourcing teams
- Ensure accuracy of art scope, schedule, and budget
- Convincingly communicate both verbally and visually
What are we looking for?
- Prior Art Direction experience with shipped AAA games while in that role
- Experience managing teams of 2d artists, 3d artists, animators, and tech artists
- Ability the grow and mentor art leaders
- Capability to independently create concept sketches and final renderings
- Expertise with Adobe Photoshop
- Appreciation and understanding of User Interface design
- Knowledge of the Unity game development platform
- Openness to both internal and external feedback
- 2D art skills a must
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Experience with JIRA, Trello, Asana, Smartsheet, MS Project
- Experience running mobile game development projects
- Experience working with highly distributed development and support teams
What we offer:
- Joining an international team of people passionate about gaming
- Working in one of the main European hubs for mobile game development
- Startup within a company with 20 years of experience in game development
- Unlimited leave upon manager approval
- Public transportation ticket
- Company cell phone of your choice
- Gym membership
- Snacks, drinks, and fruit in the office
- Home Internet reimbursement
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Delivering legendary games since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the free-to-play MMO gaming industry with 4500+ employees and more than 20 offices globally. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming’s titles across all major gaming platforms, including the massively popular World of Tanks and World of Warships.
Working in our company means always having interesting challenges and gaining valuable experience while working with top-class experts.
Take your place among our passionate and experienced team and bring out the best in yourself at Wargaming!