Community Manager (Brazil) – World of Warships
Have you ever dreamed of joining the Navy? Already been there or not quite ready for that yet? How about joining the team that brought together the biggest online community of naval combat enthusiasts worldwide?
Wargaming USA is looking for an enthusiastic individual to fill the position of Community Manager (Brazil) for its Austin-based small team of ship- and history-lovers responsible for fostering and developing the communities in the Brazilian market. The Community Manager demonstrates a passion for the gaming industry by implementing a love for the game communities and acts as an advocate for product customers as well as the development and publishing teams. You’ll be required to have your finger on the pulse of our players, engage them in discussions on a constant basis across a variety of platforms, and provide feedback on players' needs and expectations to the Senior Community Manager. Success in this role relies on a sound understanding of player behavior combined with an ability to develop creative, innovative, and compelling messaging that keeps the community informed about our games.
Do you take pleasure in meticulous mission planning and execution? You’re not afraid to compose or read post-mortems that are critical? Are you able and willing to challenge established rules of engagement if you think they can be improved? Do you also know when to turn defeat or adversity into learnings and future victories for yourself and your team? If yes, then we’d love to hear from you!
Senior Community Manager.
What you will do?
- Proactively contribute to discussions with Portuguese-speaking player communities across the Official Forums, Twitch, Social Networks, Discord or any other channel where we need to be.
- Support your teammates in discussions with English-speaking players communities across channels.
- Collaborate with other functions and regional offices on communications planning to support game updates and a multitude of other events and communications.
- Support regional programs for Portuguese-speaking community contributors, volunteers and other fan groups.
- Explore, and support collaboration opportunities with local influencers, communities of gamers, anime fans, militaria, museums and other potential partners in Brazil.
- Organize and execute competitive tournaments, offline events and player gatherings.
What are we looking for?
- Medium Level Professional. You have 3-7 years of relevant work experience that you can apply by yourself as well as share with your teammates.
- Communications Skills. You can effectively communicate in Brazilian Portuguese and English with diverse audiences in any format and in any medium, while being aware about local context and sensitivities.
- Community Building. Ability to organize community-related content and events, promoting through appropriate owned channels, and maintain a constant, daily presence in those channels, documenting and escalating issues to the appropriate teams.
- Proactivity. You lead others by example, engage in fighting fires to save the day, give honest and constructive feedback.
- Accountability. You are driven by an ownership mentality and go-getter attitude. There is no task beneath you, so you’ll pick the locks and tear down the walls that stand between you and your project goals.
- Cultural Awareness. You have lived in Brazil, know famous Brazilian sports athletes, telenovela actors, rock bands or even folklore characters. You have a finger on the pulse of Latin America and can help us navigate the nuances of local context.
- US work authorization. You are able to join the team without going through additional authorization
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Product Expertise. You are an active player of World of Warships, always up for a few more battles, can provide game-related feedback, can participate in nuanced game discussions, may be known in community already.
- Multi-Lingual Skills. You are also able to effectively communicate in Latin American Spanish. Bonus points for Russian language knowledge for internal communications.
- Nerves of Steel. You thrive in fast-paced, challenging situations by embracing the unexpected, staying calm under pressure, and thinking clearly when details get ambiguous.
- Analytical Skills. You’re able to back up your opinions not only with anecdotal evidences and gut feeling, but also with hard data and quick statistical analysis, while minimizing the pressure on our BI experts.
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Delivering legendary games since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the free-to-play MMO gaming industry with 4500+ employees and more than 20 offices globally. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming’s titles across all major gaming platforms, including the massively popular World of Tanks and World of Warships.
Working in our company means always having interesting challenges and gaining valuable experience while working with top-class experts.
Take your place among our passionate and experienced team and bring out the best in yourself at Wargaming!