Wargaming Sydney is looking for a DevOps/Build Automation Engineer to join our DevOps team. We are a friendly team that likes to work closely with developers to make great games and tech. Our team likes to share knowledge, so you can expect to be able to learn from us and teach us something too.
What will you do?
As a part of the DevOps team, you will work with other team members to assist developers in managing source code, building binaries from it, testing and distributing them to the appropriate teams and studios. You will also help build and maintain the systems that make up the various Continuous Integration pipelines. These include Jenkins, Artifactory, Perforce and various others.
What are we looking for?
- You have a desire to automate repetitive tasks, and have done this before using a scripting or programming language. We use Python and shell among other things.
- You understand the benefits that CI can bring, either through direct experience, or through a desire to introduce such a system.
- You have experience with CI tooling such as Jenkins, Teamcity, Travis, Concourse or some other CI platform.
- You have experience working with build files (VS Projects, CMake, Makefiles etc)
- You have used and are familiar with source control systems (eg: perforce / git / subversion), and understand their benefits and limitations.
- You are comfortable using Linux (any distribution) on the command line and can troubleshoot system and performance issues.
- You talk to people openly and ask questions to understand their requirements. You also understand the value of keeping logs of interactions and requirements in tracking and documentation systems like Jira and Confluence.
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Understand low-level concepts in Linux or Windows administration (e.g. building systems from scratch, making kernel module changes, understanding of NTFS or EXT4 filesystems).
- Have used Docker or other container technologies to deploy bespoke production systems.
- Have used or deployed Kubernetes or other container orchestration technologies.
- Are familiar with Epic's UE4 platform and build pipelines (UGS etc.)
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Delivering legendary games since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the free-to-play MMO gaming industry with 4500+ employees and more than 20 offices globally. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming’s titles across all major gaming platforms, including the massively popular World of Tanks and World of Warships.
Working in our company means always having interesting challenges and gaining valuable experience while working with top-class experts.
Take your place among our passionate and experienced team and bring out the best in yourself at Wargaming!