Technical Artist, World of Tanks
We are currently seeking motivated and skilled Technical Artist to join our WoT Prague Art team.
You will join production team focused on 3D content (maps, tanks, assets) for the World of Tanks PC game. As a Technical artist you will be acting as a bridge between programmers and artists, ensure the uninterrupted operation of the two by optimizing maps and content, assisting art departments, developing new technologies and content production processes.
We are looking for an experienced colleague who’s worked in game development, has profound knowledge of 3D packages, graphic production pipeline, render and shader technology operating principles, can put this knowledge to work, and is eager to grow professionally.
The 3D Artist will report to the Art Manager.
What will you do?
- Analyze memory/performance concerns of in-game maps and content throughout a project's features development
- Provide hands-on support to artists and engineers in day-by-day production issues
- Helping with technical aspects of content creation and bringing it to the engine
- Collaborate with engineers and testers to diagnose and resolve in-game problems
- Identify and Implement art-pipeline optimizations and automatizing
- Inspire and empower the art team to optimize their processes
- Problem-solving and providing a clear solution to complicated issues
What are we looking for?
- 2+ year experience in a digital art content creation pipeline in the video game industry
- Working knowledge of graphic suites: 2D (Photoshop) and 3D (Maya, 3Ds Max, ZBrush)
- Experience in a full digital art content creation pipeline (high and low-poly modelling, unwrapping, baking, texturing, level art);
- Passion for games as well as clear knowledge of current graphic sub-systems in modern game engines and graphic pipeline operating principles
- Good English (verbal and written) communication skills
- Self-motivated, agile and well organized
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Programming and scripting skills (Python, MEL, C# …)
- Experience developing custom tools for Digital Content Creation tools (Maya, Max, etc.)
- Understanding of shader working principles
- Knowledge of popular video game engines (Unreal Engine, Unity, CryEngine)
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Delivering legendary games since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the free-to-play MMO gaming industry with 4500+ employees and more than 20 offices globally. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming’s titles across all major gaming platforms, including the massively popular World of Tanks and World of Warships.
Working in our company means always having interesting challenges and gaining valuable experience while working with top-class experts.
Take your place among our passionate and experienced team and bring out the best in yourself at Wargaming!