Senior Systems Engineer
Wargaming Berlin is looking for an experienced Systems Engineer to join the back end team of a brand new and ambitious cross-platform AAA Unity game. Pushing the limits of what’s possible technically, especially in mobile gaming.
The ideal candidate would have a strong background in backend development & DevOps work, alongside experience in AAA Game development.
Senior Engineering Manager
What will you do?
- Develop and design the server code for a new AAA title
- Develop code that scales on the cloud
- Taking ownership of features and tasks
- Work in both Client (Unity) and Server code
- Proactively seek and implement improvements to current processes and technologies used
- Comfortably work across all layers of the Game Stack, Client, Server and Cloud
What are we looking for?
- 5+ years of backend development experience in games, ideally a mixture for PC and mobile platforms
- Language agnostic with experience in C#, C++, Kotlin, Java, Python
- Knowledge of or willing to learn Unity3D
- Experience working with cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science (or a related field or 5+ years industry experience as the degree equivalent)
- Hands-on experience with container technologies
- Experience in multi-region and multi-cloud deployments
- Experience in distributed computing
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Experience and knowledge in networking, in particular for games
What we offer:
- Joining an international team of people passionate about gaming
- Working in one of the main European hubs for mobile game development
- Startup within a company with 20 years of experience in game development
- Flexible working hours & work from home
- Unlimited leave upon manager approval
- Public transportation ticket
- Company cell phone of your choice
- Gym membership
- Snacks, drinks, and fruit in the office
- Home Internet reimbursement
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Delivering legendary games since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the free-to-play MMO gaming industry with 4500+ employees and more than 20 offices globally. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming’s titles across all major gaming platforms, including the massively popular World of Tanks and World of Warships.
Working in our company means always having interesting challenges and gaining valuable experience while working with top-class experts.
Take your place among our passionate and experienced team and bring out the best in yourself at Wargaming!