Lead Animator (Mobile)
Wargaming is currently building a new development team to create an exciting new multiplayer shooter targeting a worldwide mobile audience. As a part of this effort we're now on the lookout for an experienced Lead Animator to join our ranks. Our game is built on a Game As A Service model, to deliver content to our community for years to come. Gameplay is built on clear pillars designed to maximize spectating enjoyment as well as challenge players and build long term retention and enjoyment.
An ideal candidate for this would have a number of years experience creating breathtaking animations along with a strong passion for creating exciting mobile titles in Unreal Engine 4.
The Lead Animator reports to the Project Manager
What will you do?
- Document animation and rigging pipelines best practices and evolution, in collaboration with senior art leadership
- Do hands on creation of rigging and animation from concept/ storyboards/ reference
- Animation/ rigging pipeline development, quality and deliverable supervision for all animation related art
- Help to create and execute on the art vision
- Assist in the personal development of junior and peer level team members
- People management, skills development and mentoring within the team
What are we looking for?
- Strong fundamental animation skills in performance/ cut scene and game loop creation
- Animation software/ tools expert level Maya/ Max/ Motion Builder or equivalent
- Rigging to high level
- Strong Tech Art interest and inclination
- Key frame and mo-cap clean up experience
- Unity/ Unreal/ Frostbite or equivalent engine and implementation experience
- Art Degree or equivalent
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- 2D animation software skills such as Spine
- Traditional 2D animation experience
- UI animation
- Character concept skills
What we offer:
- Joining an international team of people passionate about gaming
- Working in one of the main European hubs for multi-paltform game development
- Startup within a company with 20 years of experience in game development
- Unlimited leave upon manager approval
- Public transportation ticket
- Company cell phone of your choice
- Gym membership
- Snacks, drinks, and fruit in the office
- Home Internet reimbursement
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Delivering legendary games since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the free-to-play MMO gaming industry with 4500+ employees and more than 20 offices globally. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming’s titles across all major gaming platforms, including the massively popular World of Tanks and World of Warships.
Working in our company means always having interesting challenges and gaining valuable experience while working with top-class experts.
Take your place among our passionate and experienced team and bring out the best in yourself at Wargaming!