Wargaming Kyiv is looking for a Game Designer to assist in the creation of the next big free-to-play title using Unreal Engine 4.
What will you do?
- Prototype variety of gameplay experience through level design with Unreal Engine
- Plan and model simplified geometry environmental layouts, place game objects, and script level progression
- Perform extensive level play-testing, reviews, and iteration
- Collaborate with artists, programmers, animators and other game designers to craft the vision of your levels and the game. Provide supporting documentation
- Act as producer for levels you design, as well as other parts of the game, facilitating communication across disciplines, clearing dependencies, and ensuring deadlines are met
- Develop needed metrics for levels/objects according to core gameplay
What are we looking for?
- 3+ years’ experience in the game industry as a level designer (preferably in PC MMO, Shooting)
- Strong expertise on how to build interesting gameplay and unique/different gameplay situations. imagine the game, see it visually and develop the gameplay mechanics
- Understanding of game design fundamentals and the ability to handle tasks related to both game and level design
- Eye for art composition, architectural concepts, and an ability to create evocative shapes
- Understanding of simple scripting concepts using a language such as Python or UE Blueprints
- Understanding on how objects respond according to the laws of physics
- Advanced Knowledge on how to work with landmarks and player guidance through level design
- Good understanding of tools provided by Unreal Engine
- Proficient and effective communication skills
- Welcomes criticism and collaborates well as part of a diverse team, innovating without losing sight of the gameplay vision
- A portfolio demonstrating your experience
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Hands-on experience with modern game engines (Unreal, Unity, CryEngine)
- Strong visual/artistic skills
- Able to put yourself in the player’s shoes
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Delivering legendary games since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the free-to-play MMO gaming industry with 4500+ employees and more than 20 offices globally. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming’s titles across all major gaming platforms, including the massively popular World of Tanks and World of Warships.
Working in our company means always having interesting challenges and gaining valuable experience while working with top-class experts.
Take your place among our passionate and experienced team and bring out the best in yourself at Wargaming!