Wargaming Kyiv is looking for a Game Designer to lead the Character and Core gameplay mechanics creation for the next big PC/Console free-to-play Vehicle Shooter title using Unreal Engine 4.
What will you do?
- Design unique characters and content for PvP Vehicle Shooter gameplay.
- Design core combat mechanics: shooting, movement, navigation, etc.
- Act as producer for you designs and features, facilitating communication across disciplines, clearing dependencies, and ensuring deadlines are met.
- Perform play-testing, reviews, balance, and iteration.
What are we looking for?
- 3+ years’ experience in the game industry as a Game designer. Preferably in Character creation, Game balance or Combat design.
- Ability to see the character as a whole: from mechanics and game feel, to art presentation and UX.
- Strong understanding of shooter combat design principles.
- Understanding on how objects respond according to the laws of physics. Knowledge of vehicle movement physics will be a bonus.
- Proficient and effective communication and documentation skills
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Knowledge of modern PvP/PvE shooters and Vehicle games.
- Visual/artistic skills
- Knowledge of statistical methods of game-balance. Good mathematical background.
- Hands-on experience with modern game engines (Unreal, Unity, CryEngine)
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Delivering legendary games since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the free-to-play MMO gaming industry with 4500+ employees and more than 20 offices globally. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming’s titles across all major gaming platforms, including the massively popular World of Tanks and World of Warships.
Working in our company means always having interesting challenges and gaining valuable experience while working with top-class experts.
Take your place among our passionate and experienced team and bring out the best in yourself at Wargaming!