Wargaming Sydney is the Australian branch of Wargaming.net.
We are seeking a passionate and experienced Product Manager to work on international co-development projects with the aim of delivering AAA titles for Wargaming.net
Please include your cover letter with application.
Reporting directly to the Director of Production
What will you do?
- Provide support to drive game features to successful delivery. In particular, you will create an appropriately detailed, backlog for each stream of work under your responsibility. In addition, you will craft and maintain roadmaps with emphasis on dependencies and risks.
- Work with software engineers, game designers, and artists; your role is to help a team to be the best that they can be in order to deliver as efficiently as possible. You will empower a world class team and ensure that delivery confidence and team health is high.
- Prepare, present and maintain regularly cadenced reports and presentations, upstream and to the wider development group. Such communications will be based on analytical and strong data informed processes.
What are we looking for?
- The ideal candidate will have 2-3 years of experience as product manager in software development projects.
- You're a clairvoyant when it comes to understanding customer needs and have a strong problem-solving ability
- You are more than a 'people person'; your influencing skills have proven to be great in your previous experiences. You posses a demonstrated ability to work with staff at different levels and diverse backgrounds within the organization: including staff, senior executives, and stakeholders.
- Ability to inspire the team to build amazing game features with a constant dedication to understand, question and improve.
- You strive for continual improvement for the benefit of the project, team and our stakeholders.
- You are a true servant leader who is highly organized, analytical and goal driven.
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- You have a great interest in Agile methodologies and mindset; you know the difference between Kanban and Scrum and you can name Agile principles and values; having one or more Agile certifications from Scrum Alliance, Scrum.org, Kanban University or PMI would be ideal.
- A good technical understanding; although you're not going to be cutting code as part of your role at Wargaming Sydney, but you will need to understand highly technical products.
- Good knowledge of, and keen interest in, video games is a huge plus. With that in mind, we would 'highly' recommend (read: critical before in person interview) that you take the time to play some of our games that Wargaming publish, they are free & fun!
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Operating since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the gaming industry with 5,500 employees and 18 offices spread worldwide. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming's titles across all major gaming platforms. Our flagship products include the free-to-play hits World of Tanks and World of Warships, as well as World of Tanks Blitz — the critically acclaimed mobile tank shooter with cross-platform support.
A career in our company is always an interesting challenge, as well as the experience that you gain working together with world-class experts.
Are you up to the challenge?!