Global Social Media Manager
World of Warships is currently searching for an experienced Global Social Media Manager to support and grow our global channels supporting World of Warships. The ideal candidate will craft and execute growth strategies for relevant platforms, while driving engagement through the creation of compelling content. This role will require an excellent communicator who is self-motivated, hardworking, incredibly organized, and capable of working with distributed teams and shareholders across the world. You will also need to have intimate knowledge of the technical innerworkings of current social media platforms, tools commonly used to manage them, as well the trends that govern them.
The Global Social Media Manager will report to the Regional Publishing Director.
What will you do?
- Design and execute a slate of rich social media strategies that resonate with our diverse and global audience and drive their implementation in collaboration with RPD and other relevant stakeholders
- Define social media priorities, set goals and targets, aligning with audience insights. Proactively identify areas of optimization, set best practices, and communicate these across teams
- Manage the planning and execution of content across various social media and internal channels
- Operate official global SM channels, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok and launch others as needed
- Drive high-performing SM programming to support game events and collaborations on SM channels
- Design, manage and execute paid SM campaigns
- Create compelling social media campaigns that appeal to the World of Warships community from both a gameplay and historical perspective. Use engagement on SM channels to elicit feedback or generate excitement.
- Analyze audience insights and coordinate with other regions for engagement support
- Create and update workflows and processes which set standards for social media usage in World of Warships globally
- Report on performance across relevant channels using analytics to measure success and improve techniques
- Manage and grow at least one direct report to meet operational goals
- Manage a budget for hardware, licenses, platform ads and other items as required
- Engage with community members across channels and at live events
What are we looking for?
- Exceptional formal and colloquial communications skills in English. Proficiency in other languages a plus
- Bachelor Degree in Communications, Marketing, a related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years experience working in Social Media on commercial brands, including 2 years of experience in managing social media campaigns, budget management, designing tracking, and measurement
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret feedback and predict player sentiment
- Extensive working knowledge of commonly used social media metrics, measurements, and tools
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to coordinate activities with both local and distributed teams
- Previous experience creating both promotional social media campaigns and general engagement content
- Deep understanding of using platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube as a brand
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize and work well under deadlines and time constraints
- Ability to develop and apply creative/innovative solutions to marketing problems and initiatives
- Ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders from all functions and act with good business judgment
- Ability to collaborate effectively within a team and across organizational and team boundaries
- Ability to travel on occasion domestically and internationally to support events
- Working knowledge of Photoshop in order to modify existing assets for use
- A passion for gaming and an understanding of gamer culture
- Knowledge of World of Warships and its gameplay mechanics a strong plus
- Working knowledge of the Atlassian software suite a plus
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Operating since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the gaming industry with 5,500 employees and 18 offices spread worldwide. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming's titles across all major gaming platforms. Our flagship products include the free-to-play hits World of Tanks and World of Warships, as well as World of Tanks Blitz — the critically acclaimed mobile tank shooter with cross-platform support.
A career in our company is always an interesting challenge, as well as the experience that you gain working together with world-class experts.
Are you up to the challenge?!