Our MS-1 studio is looking for a Concept Artist to work on a new game: an online shooter. We're working on a new third-person multiplayer shooter built using Unreal Engine. The Concept Artist will be part of a rapidly growing team, targeting the Western market and leveraging the strength of the Wargaming platform and portfolio.
MS-1 is the Wargaming development studio that creates outstanding games for mobile phones and other portable platforms. The team’s portfolio includes World of Tanks Blitz, the award-winning cross-platform shooter with over 120 million downloads worldwide. The MS-1 team is currently focused on creating new products using the Unreal Engine.
The studio team includes 250 professionals who have in-depth knowledge of player expectations. Spread across our offices in Minsk, Vilnius, Moscow, and Berlin are industry experts from all over the world—Singapore, Kazakhstan, the U.S.A., and other countries. Each one of them is a uniquely experienced professional who provides the team with in-depth knowledge of regional specifics of the gaming market.
What will you do?
- Help design new characters, environments and story elements in 2D using photoshop.
What are we looking for?
- Demonstrate strong ability to create artwork both for characters and environments, including organic, mechanical, landscape and architecture
- Ability to create artwork in different art styles, including realistic, fantasy, and comic book
- Ability to quickly iterate on an idea, as well as take an asset to a final illustrated state
- In-depth knowledge of visual principles including human proportion and anatomy, form, shape, composition, design and how they relate to game development specifically
- Superior eye for lighting, value, color and details and the ability to use them in creating new artwork
- Self-motivated, collaborative, excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to work within a team with an eye to improving the player experience
- Positive attitude and an ability to receive and provide objective feedback
- A passion for games
- Knowledge of English is required
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Ability in comic book art. Storyboards, graphic novels, and images depicting dynamic action moments
- Strong foundation in the traditional arts including but not limited to painting, sculpture, figure drawing, illustration
- Passion for creating charming and lighthearted imagery
- Previous game production experience
- Interests in other areas of art for games (animation, FX, UI, etc.)
- Knowledge of Russian is beneficial
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Delivering legendary games since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the free-to-play MMO gaming industry with 4500+ employees and more than 20 offices globally. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming’s titles across all major gaming platforms, including the massively popular World of Tanks and World of Warships.
Working in our company means always having interesting challenges and gaining valuable experience while working with top-class experts.
Take your place among our passionate and experienced team and bring out the best in yourself at Wargaming!
Complete the form below, telling us why you’d be a great fit at Wargaming, and you could be part of our awesome family.