Technical Artist (intern)
Wargaming Prague believes that educating the next generation of gaming industry professionals is essential to ensure continued success. As such, Wargaming Prague offers a range of opportunities for talented individuals to complete a unique, first-class internship within Wargaming Forge project at a large international game development studio. Learn on the job from top-notch experts while gaining hands-on experience and taking the first step of your game development career.
As a Technical Artist Intern, you’ll learn what’s needed to become a successful artist working on a AAA game. At the same time, you’ll have countless opportunities to provide new perspectives or add fresh insights to Wargaming products. You’ll even collaborate not just with fellow artists, but also engineers and developers so that you can work to satisfy their standards and requirements.
This paid, part-time (20 hrs/wk) internship lasts for up to 6 months from July 18, 2022 to January 18, 2023. Preference will be given to candidates who are eligible to work in the Czech Republic (EU nationals and individuals holding a valid work/study visa).
What will you learn?
- Ability to understand the needs of artists to create tools that simplify and support their day-to-day technical work
- Knowledge of graphics pipelines and physically based rendering
- Creating optimized models and textures for today's game engines
- Creating pipelines and approaches that optimize content and space
Who will your mentor be?
- Technical Artist, 8 years
- Technical Artist Team Lead, WG Minsk/Vilnius, 1 year
- Art Owner Tech Stream, WG Vilnius, 1 year
What are we looking for?
- Drive and motivation
- Adaptive learner
- Knowledge of 3D tool packages (Maya, 3ds Max, etc.)
- Knowledge of game engines (Unity, Unreal Engine, etc.)
- Knowledge of a programming language (Python is a plus)
- Knowledge of render pipelines and computer graphics
What will help you stand out?
- Good communication skills
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Operating since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the gaming industry with 5,500 employees and 18 offices spread worldwide. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming's titles across all major gaming platforms. Our flagship products include the free-to-play hits World of Tanks and World of Warships, as well as World of Tanks Blitz — the critically acclaimed mobile tank shooter with cross-platform support.
Wargaming Prague is located in Karlín. With its excellent access to cultural events, cool restaurants, sport facilities and public transport, Karlín is the ideal location for the current and future Wargamers. At Wargaming Prague, we make sure that we deliver the best possible games to players and push the standard of video gaming industry.
A career in our company is always an interesting challenge, as well as the experience that you gain working together with world-class experts.
Are you up to the challenge?!