2D Concept Artist (Vehicles)
Wargaming invites a 2D/Concept Artist (Vehicles) to join its top AAA project - World of Tanks!
It's a two-times Guinness award-winning vehicle action game with a 110-million army of loyal fans. World of Tanks is a cultural phenomenon that has entertained players worldwide for around 12 years!
We have a solid and involved team that continually strives to be on the edge of the gaming industry. We are incredibly passionate about Art and always looking for innovative ways and approaches to bring our ideas and vision to World of Tanks gamers.
As a 2D/Concept Artist (Vehicles), you will create concept art for 3d tank customization (historical/non-historical) for a variety of in-game events and huge collaborations. You will interact and work closely with 3D artists, historians, art directors, and supervisors. Our perfect candidate should be able to work in a paced environment, generate tons of valuable ideas and deeply cooperate within the team.
There are thousands of challenges here in Wargaming, and we want you to join us to help make our players happy.
What will you do?
- Create high-quality, detailed concepts of in-game vehicles and their customization elements in both believable and fantasy styles (e.g., tank dendroid, tank roman warrior).
- Interact closely with 3D Artists, Historians, Art Directors, and Supervisors. Communicate ideas effectively to other artists as well as non-art disciplines.
- Bring ideas and expertise through brainstorming sessions.
- Continually push aesthetics of the World of Tanks universe and challenge in-game art to expand to the next level.
- Be a proactive, curious, and devoted member of a cross-functional product-oriented team.
- Support the development of the in-game features with any additional skills and talents.
What are we looking for?
- 2+ years of experience as a Concept Artist/Vehicle designer
- Outstanding portfolio demonstrating a variety of ideas, engineering mindset, and vehicle concept/design examples
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiar with the distinctive visual style of the WWII period
- Self-motivated, with good interpersonal skills, eager to learn and grow, with a can-do attitude
- Intermediate or higher level of Russian & English
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Strong foundation in the traditional arts, including, but not limited to, landscape painting and illustration
- Experience with 3D tools
- Bachelor's (or higher) degree in Engineering
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Operating since 1998, Wargaming has become one of the leaders in the gaming industry with 15 offices worldwide, including studios in Chicago, Prague, Shanghai, Tokyo, and Vilnius. Our diverse and multicultural team works together to deliver a top-class experience to millions of players who enjoy Wargaming's titles across all major gaming platforms. Our flagship products include free-to-play hits World of Tanks, World of Warships and World of Tanks Blitz.