The World of Tanks development team is looking for a specialist for the position of Engineering Manager for an engineering team. As a Lead of a team, you will improve, optimize, and support the working processes, team performance, development, and motivation. You will lead a group of 15 to 20 software engineers of different levels and specializations
What will you do?
- Provide technical leadership to teammates through coaching and mentorship.
- Identify and encourage areas for development and improvement within the team.
- Collaborate with other Engineering Managers and business stakeholders, and be able to build a strong partnership with them based on mutual respect.
- Responsible for base management process: hiring, mentoring, development, and performing.
- Individual contribution is not expected in this position but is welcome, with people management kept as a priority.
What are we looking for?
- Are driven by the opportunity to contribute to and improve the quality of the Legendary WoT game.
- Have two or more years of experience in leading an engineering team.
- Have five or more years of experience in software engineering.
- Enjoy managing and mentoring fellow team members for their career growth.
- Strong communicative skills.
- Strong background in two or more of the following: C++, Python, Graphics/Render Engineering, Web Development (JS, CSS, Python).
- Working experience in managerial positions on GaaS or SaaS products is a bonus.
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Operating since 1998, Wargaming has become one of the leaders in the gaming industry with 15 offices worldwide, including studios in Chicago, Prague, Shanghai, Tokyo, and Vilnius. Our diverse and multicultural team works together to deliver a top-class experience to millions of players who enjoy Wargaming's titles across all major gaming platforms. Our flagship products include free-to-play hits World of Tanks, World of Warships and World of Tanks Blitz.