Senior 2D Concept Artist/Illustrator
Wargaming is growing their Prague based development studio and we’re looking for a Concept Artist to work on new and exciting features for our ground-breaking MMO title World of Tanks, which has over 100 million players worldwide.
An ideal candidate will be able to create original and imaginative concept art for environments, vehicles and other game assets. As well as detailed and polished key art, illustrations and backgrounds.
To be successful, you’ll need to be an experienced Concept Artist and Illustrator with understanding of composition, rendering, color theory, perspective, and other fundamentals.
What will you do?
- Create concepts of environment, architecture, vehicles and other assets.
- Create illustrations and background paintings.
- Inspire and motivate a team through images.
- Active involvement in the game creation process by interacting with the design team.
Who are we looking for?
- 3+ years of experience as 2D Artist or Concept Artist in game or film industry.
- Ability to create final concept art images.
- Excellent understanding of color theory, value structure, and lighting.
- Solid knowledge of matte painting techniques.
- Expert knowledge of Photoshop software.
- Good communication skills and fluent English.
- Realistic imagery portfolio to demonstrate your current skills.
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Ability use 3D software for shape/lighting reference is a plus.
- Traditional art skills
- Knowledge of architecture styles and principles.
Benefits and perks are tailored to the local market and culture. Prague office benefits include:
- 5 weeks of Annual Leave per calendar year
- Up to 10 Personal Days per calendar year
- Career development and education opportunities within the company
- Meal card – net contribution for each workday
- Multisport card
- Transportation allowance
- Premium health care
- Employee discounts
- Coffee, fruits, snacks in the office
- Referral program with rewards
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Operating since 1998, Wargaming has become one of the leaders in the gaming industry with 15 offices worldwide, including studios in Chicago, Prague, Shanghai, Tokyo, and Vilnius. Our diverse and multicultural team works together to deliver a top-class experience to millions of players who enjoy Wargaming's titles across all major gaming platforms. Our flagship products include free-to-play hits World of Tanks, World of Warships and World of Tanks Blitz.