Technical Designer - WoT Blitz
Joining the critically acclaimed World of Tanks Blitz team, you are a technical designer who acts as a bridge between the designers and creative director and other team disciplines. You will help build a roadmap and technical architecture of features and ingredients. You have the ability to create complex technical designs and work autonomously to implement prototypes to validate those designs, using Unreal technology, including Blueprints. You are also an advocate for feature development efficiency and are able to improve task and feature estimation, improve efficiency and performance, and grow others along the way.
What you will do
- Own and implement design features from prototype to production code.
- Provide feedback and mitigate production risk for planned features and content considering engine and toolset constraints
- Debug feature prototype and design system pipelines to ensure that stability and feature implementation is stable, manageable and optimized to exist and function in a live service environment.
- Obtain in-depth knowledge of Unreal engine and Blueprints to identify potential areas for improvement, to grow troubleshooting expertise, and to directly support system, feature and level designers as a lead and subject matter expert.
What you bring:
- Solid experience and knowledge of:
- (Visual) Scripting languages and programming concepts
- Unreal 4 or 5 experience or relevant Engine expertise.
- Demonstrated understanding of design principles and the workflows needed to achieve them
- Ability to work with complex logic and data structures which are reusable and modular
- Solid organizational skills
- Ability to write clear and concise technical documentation for technical and non-technical audience
- Being creative (original and resourceful in finding solutions)
- Good communication skills and desire to build strong ties with both technical and design departments on the project
- Being proactive and solution-oriented
- Ability to communicate constructively with positivity and respect for others
- Good English verbal skills, both orally and in writing
Benefits and perks are tailored to the local market and culture. Prague office benefits include:
- 5 weeks of Annual Leave per calendar year
- Up to 10 Personal Days per calendar year
- Career development and education opportunities within the company
- Meal card – 150 CZK net contribution for each workday
- Multisport card
- Transportation allowance
- Premium health care
- Employee discounts
- Coffee, fruits, snacks in the office
- Referral program with rewards
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Operating since 1998, Wargaming has become one of the leaders in the gaming industry with 15 offices worldwide, including studios in Chicago, Prague, Shanghai, Tokyo, and Vilnius. Our diverse and multicultural team works together to deliver a top-class experience to millions of players who enjoy Wargaming's titles across all major gaming platforms. Our flagship products include free-to-play hits World of Tanks, World of Warships and World of Tanks Blitz.