Visual Department - a department dedicated to the development of visual solutions for many aspects of the game. In our team, we create, assemble and set up game locations for game battles. We create ports and a visual mood for the player, and they can see their own ship in the most interesting ports in the world. We create in-game objects, FX, and support the visual content of game events.
In our work, we try to maintain an open approach. This means that in our team we work together. We try to reveal and support the best sides in each of our employees. What would be the result, the players received bright and unforgettable visual images of locations.
Also, our team is in close cooperation with the Tech department. That allows you to get the most out of the possibilities of modern technologies.
We invite you to familiarize yourself with some videos that will help you understand our work:
What will you do?
- Create game locations in collaboration with art director, game designers, 3D artists;
- Fill locations with content: arrange objects, buildings, props, trees, decals, roads, etc.;
- Deal with the layout of tiles and decals, planting grass and debris;
- Setting up lighting;
- Create all kinds of natural objects: trees, bushes, grasses, stones, rocks, etc.;
- Create and customize materials and decals;
- Write a description of the necessary objects and look for a reference;
- Participate in the development of new tools and technologies;
- Engage in performance optimization and bug fixes.
What are we looking for?
- Experience in the game industry as a Level Artist/Designer for at least 2 years;
- Knowledge of the basics of composition, aerial perspective, theory of light, color science;
- Good modeling and texturing skills;
- Strong knowledge of Blender, ZBrush, Substance;
- Basic knowledge of gameplay and level design;
- Ability to communicate productively, perceive feedback constructively, ability and desire to work in a team;
- Versatile gaming experience, interest in computer games;
- Initiative, resourcefulness.
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Animation basics
- Shader development
- Understanding of architecture & structure
- Traditional art skills (drawing, painting, sculpting, photography)
- Concept skills – Ability to visualize and concept environments and props
- Experience in working with photogrammetry
- Ability to collaborate productively with others and embrace change.
Benefits and perks are tailored to the local market and culture. Belgrade office benefits include:
- Premium Private Health Insurance
- Additional Vacation days on top of the statutory minimum of 20 working days (maximum +5 working days dependent on years of services with Wargaming Group)
- 8 “Trust days” per calendar year that require no medical certificate
- Career development and education opportunities within the company (training through the WG SkillUP internal platform with free access to many external educational resources)
- Team building / corporate events
- Gym trainings / Wellness program
- Personal Gaming Account
- Coffee, fruits, snacks in the office
- Seniority Awards
- Referral program - you can recommend the best talents to the Company and receive a reward
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Operating since 1998, Wargaming has become one of the leaders in the gaming industry with 15 offices worldwide, including studios in Chicago, Prague, Shanghai, Tokyo, and Vilnius. Our diverse and multicultural team works together to deliver a top-class experience to millions of players who enjoy Wargaming's titles across all major gaming platforms. Our flagship products include free-to-play hits World of Tanks, World of Warships and World of Tanks Blitz.