3D Environment Artist (Unannounced Project)
We are actively seeking a Senior Environment Artist to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for creating high-quality assets and materials while also contributing to the overall improvement of the team's work.
To excel in this position, you should possess strong modeling and texturing skills, exceptional artistic abilities, effective communication skills and a genuine passion for game development.
Environment Art Lead
What will you do?
- Collaborate closely with Game Designers, Level Artists, Technical Artists, and the Art Director to ensure that environment assets align with budget constraints, quality standards, and artistic vision.
- Actively participate in the development of new tools and technologies.
- Offer support and mentorship to less experienced team members.
What are we looking for?
- Proficiency in 3D modeling tools such as Maya, 3ds Max, or Blender (with final setup in Maya).
- Experience in sculpting using Zbrush.
- Strong understanding of low-poly and high-poly modeling techniques.
- Expertise in all aspects of optimal UV mapping.
- Ability to create photorealistic PBR textures using software like Adobe 3D Painter/Designer.
- 5+ years’ experience in video games industry as an Environment Artist, preferably on AAA projects.
- Proficiency in searching for and working with references.
- Strong skills in creating textures and materials.
- Attention to scale, shape, and silhouette of objects.
- Consideration of the distances at which objects are perceived.
- Ability to handle object details at various scales (large, medium, small).
- Strong design and composition skills.
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Proficiency in assembling ready-made assets with associated resources (LODs, collisions, materials, textures, decals) in Unreal Engine or Unity.
- Experience in working with models and materials from stock sources.
- Familiarity with photogrammetry and color correction.
- Bonus points for experience with procedural modeling and simulation of cloth/destruction using tools like Houdini.
- Familiarity with working on fabric in Marvelous Designer.
Benefits and perks are tailored to the local market and culture. Our benefits in Belgrade include:
- Additional Vacation days on top of the statutory minimum dependent on years of service with Wargaming Group)
- Up to 8 “Trust days” per calendar year that require no medical certificate
- Career development and education opportunities within the company
- English clubs and platform for learning languages
- Premium Private Health Care
- Commuting allowance
- Gym trainings / Wellness program
- Personal Gaming Account
- Coffee, fruits, and snacks in the office
- Company events
- Seniority Awards
- Referral program - you can recommend the best talents to the Company and receive a reward
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Operating since 1998, Wargaming has become one of the leaders in the gaming industry with 16 offices worldwide, including studios in Chicago, Prague, Shanghai, Tokyo, and Vilnius. Our diverse and multicultural team works together to deliver a top-class experience to millions of players who enjoy Wargaming's titles across all major gaming platforms. Our flagship products include free-to-play hits World of Tanks, World of Warships and World of Tanks Blitz.