Senior C++/ Unreal Engine developer
Wargaming is seeking an experienced Unreal Engine developer to join its Rapid Prototyping team in creating our next hit game! An ideal candidate will have extensive experience with UE with a strong game development background and extensive knowledge of UE networking and multiplayer gameplay systems.
What will you do?
- Work with the C++ part of projects.
- Develop game proofs-of-concept and prototypes to confirm or reject game design hypothesis.
- Collaborate closely with design and art teams to flesh out implementation details.
- Contribute for our in-house UE framework.
- Share your C++ knowledge with the team
What are we looking for?
- 5+ years of experience working as a software engineer in game development.
- 2+ years of experience working as UE4/UE5 developer.
- Experience shipping at least 1 title based on Unreal Engine.
- Strong knowledge of C/C++.
- Experience with multiplayer gameplay systems and network replication.
- Strong knowledge of at least one of the following UE subsystems: Gameplay Ability System, Niagara FX, Animation, AI, Chaos Physics.
- Ability to take light game design input and create a proof of concept implementation.
- Experience with Unreal Insights and strong knowledge of optimization in Unreal.
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Experience with Unity or comparable game engines.
- Shader skills.
- Technical art skills.
- Degree in computer science or similar.
- Game design experience.
- Passion for making multiplayer games.
The salary range for this role in Vilnius is EUR 5000-5800 monthly gross.
Benefits and perks are tailored to the local market and culture. Our benefits in Vilnius include:
- Up to 8 “Trust days” per calendar year that require no medical certificate
- Career development and education opportunities within the company
- Meal Allowance
- Premium Private Health Care (with Gym training / Wellness program…)
- Personal Gaming Account
- Coffee, fruits, and snacks in the office
- Company events
- Seniority Awards
- Referral program - You can recommend the best talents to the company and receive a reward
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Operating since 1998, Wargaming has become one of the leaders in the gaming industry with 16 offices worldwide, including studios in Chicago, Prague, Shanghai, Tokyo, and Vilnius. Our diverse and multicultural team works together to deliver a top-class experience to millions of players who enjoy Wargaming's titles across all major gaming platforms. Our flagship products include free-to-play hits World of Tanks, World of Warships and World of Tanks Blitz.