Game Server Programmer, Brno
Wargaming is looking for a talented Server back-end Programmer to join our new development team in Brno, working on the next generation of new and exciting features within the Wargaming MMO franchises universe.
The Brno development team is the newest addition to Wargaming Czech Republic. Here, you will be working in a small team of 14 professionals passionate about game development, all contributing and making a difference to the project in an environment that is challenging, exciting and constantly evolving.
In this role you will be responsible for development and maintenance of the server framework, keeping a strong focus on stability, reliability and scalability.
To be successful you will have a strong interest in distributed systems and experience in working with design, build and optimise the server’s backbone and infrastructure that will run our game.
The Server Back-end Programmer will report to the Lead Programmer.
What will you do?
• Plan server solutions by developing flowcharts, layouts, and diagrams; defining system specifications, including functionality, connectivity, and security.
• Collaborate closely with our Minsk server development team to adapt existing systems or create new ones to match the requirements of the game.
• Build database models to suit the game needs and provide guidance to ensure those models are flexible and maintainable.
• Provide solutions that address network latency, reliability, and scalability issues.
• Collaborate with the Designers and Gameplay programmers to define the game server logic
What are we looking for?
• Computer Science degree or equivalent work experience
• Experience with designing and developing large frameworks
• Upper B or C level written and verbal communication skills in English.
• Understanding of cloud services
• Fluency in a wide range of programming languages. Preferable to have C++
• Self-motivated team player
What additional skills will help you stand out?
• Experience with version control systems (SVN, Perforce etc.)
• Russian Language skills
• Worked on, completed and shipped at least one MMO game
• Experience developing online games
• Passion about games and game development