Software Engineer, Platform
We’re looking for a seasoned Software Engineer with experience in creating, evaluating and integrating all the necessary infrastructure pieces like billing, authentication, dev-ops tools, messaging servers and scalable application servers. Bring your passion for solving problems to our talented Wargaming Platform team! Help us create and deliver the next generation platform that will power the new lineup of Wargaming titles.
The goal of the Platform team at Wargaming is to increase player happiness, decrease development costs and reduce the hurdles to publishing new titles. We seek to accomplish this by creating a common set of scalable, data-centric services and tools. Once implemented across Wargaming, developers will be able to release new products and major features in weeks rather than months. Publishing teams will have access to a greater level of account management and monetization options including player-customized, rules-based advance commerce. The services developed by our Platform team enable global distribution and operation for all Wargaming's studios and connect with our 100 million+ gamer fans.
Job duties include:
- Design and implement web services in Java to support a wide range of game operation services.
- Communicate with teams across the world and collaborate to deliver the overall solution.
- Work with platform architect to provide technical leadership and expertise in building online game platforms.
- 2-5 years experience building scalable web services
- Experience using Java
- Ability to acquire new technical skills quickly
- Ability to understand and integrate complex systems
- Good teamwork skills
- Experience with Python, especially with Django or Twisted.
- Experience designing platform services for both first and third party projects.
- Russian language skills a plus.