Senior Python Engineer (Game UI) World of Tanks, Kyiv
World of Tanks Kyiv is looking for a Senior Python Engineer (Game UI) to join the Team on a full-time basis. As an Engineer you will be focusing on development of UI for new features and modes for World of Tanks. to join the Team on a full-time basis. As an Engineer you will be focusing on development of UI for new features and modes for World of Tanks. It will span across all of the game components and systems and cover all phases of development cycle. You will be a part of cross-functional development team whose goal is to flesh out the vision into a product in the Happy Players’ hands.
World of Tanks
World of Tanks is a cult MMO game dedicated to armored machines that has won the affection of players all over the world. A variety of in-game locations, historical accuracy, realistic gameplay — join the army of tankers already tearing up the battlefield and plunge into legendary combat! If you haven’t, give it a try.
World of Tanks Kyiv
World of Tanks Kyiv is an integral part of the World of Tanks family. We love Tanks, therefor a link to your profile in The Game will fast-track you in the candidates’ pipeline. Our main values are Team, Trust, Transparency, and Tanks.
- Weplay co-op
- A40 people cross-functional team of senior tech experts passionate about Tanks and Games
- Key tech stack: Python, C++, Scaleform
- We deliver our own ideas to players (full development cycle)
- We collaborate with 15 Wargaming studios worldwide
- Team hobbies:
- Playing WoT, DotA, and PUBG
- Literally making tanks (bricks, metal, plastic, etc)
- Environment open for innovation, questions, and initiatives
- Management via context
- Minimum tonomicromanagement
- Transparent compensation system
- Bonus based onindividual contribution toproduct performance
- Individual Development Plan integrated with education
- Participation in international industry conferences (GDC, Gamescom, E3, etc.)
- Develop new features that will beavailable tomillions of players worldwide
- Whole product focus: client, server, and tools development
- Help shape our own conferences — WG Fest, 4C
- 28days ofpaid vacation. Covered sick leaves, medical insurance
- Own gym, sports teams: football, yoga, etc.
- Game consoles, hardware at the office
- Snacks, drinks at the kitchen
What will you do?
- Development of UI fornew features and modes for World ofTanks: architecture and it’s code implementation
- Building new UI solution/framework to improve future UI development
- Writing of Unit tests for the developed functionality
- Integration with existing systems and components
- Cross-team code review
- Collaboration with cross-functional team and external teams on design and implementation of features
What are we looking for?
- 3+years of Python experience
- Experience in UI development
- Knowledge of commonly used data structures, design patterns, and algorithms
- Intermediate or higher level of English
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Experience of frontend development using HTML/CSS and knowledge of existing UI frameworks
- Knowledge of Flash/ActionScript 3.0/Scaleform
- Experience in game development
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Delivering legendary games since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the free-to-play MMO gaming industry with 4500+ employees and more than 20 offices globally. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming’s titles across all major gaming platforms, including the massively popular World of Tanks and World of Warships.
Working in our company means always having interesting challenges and gaining valuable experience while working with top-class experts.
Take your place among our passionate and experienced team and bring out the best in yourself at Wargaming!