Go back in time, experience low-gravity combat and fight on extraterrestrial battlefields
There will be no fools this April as Wargaming is going all out on special events to mark the turn of the new month. The modes will offer up both a sense of nostalgia and a look to the future with extraterrestrial combat.
World of Tanks
Turning back time to 2011, World of Tanks Classic allows players to enjoy Update 0.7.0 once again. From 29th March to 3rd April, veterans will be able to relive those glory days and newcomers will have the opportunity to experience a piece of tanking history.
A lot has changed in World of Tanks during the 8-year period between 2011 and now. This is what awaits in World of Tanks Classic:
- Three classic nations: The USSR, Germany and the USA. Oh, and a legend that needs no introduction... The Type 59.
- Special gameplay: There is no Sixth Sense, arty doesn't stun, and light tanks only come on tracks.
- “Old school” game physics: Players can easily hang off bridges and rocks and vehicles won't roll downhill. Also, tanks don't flip over or leave the ground, and destroyed vehicles cannot be moved.
- General chat: Feel free to communicate with adversaries throughout battle.
During the event, the economy will be simplified so players can hit top-tier vehicles much quicker and Premium tanks, camo and equipment will be discounted. There’s no need to worry about resources either: everyone will be awarded Free XP, Gold and Credits specifically for the mode.
By participating in the special time-limited event, players will earn themselves a unique style with an inscription and emblem, to show off their return to World of Tanks’ roots.
Plus, the event will be run on a separate server and as its own game client, meaning those who wish to play the modern, vanilla World of Tanks throughout this event will still be able to do so.
World of Warships
Starting from 1st April, aspiring space commanders will don their space suits and set course for adventure at warp speed. World of Warships is inviting players to engage in intergalactic battles during a time-limited event—the Space Warships Intergalactic Games. Set on planets in galaxies far away, ship commanders will experience exciting battles in environments that are truly out of this world.
As the Intergalactic Games event unfolds in the following weeks, a collection of 12 unique ships—decked out in their sci-fi best—will be available. Updates will bring a total of four innovative battle modes, which take place on four different maps:
- Rings of Saturn, a re-work of the Epicenter mode where capturing areas will no longer be blocked if the enemy pursues an inner area capture, and more points will be rewarded for holding the inner ring.
- Binary Star will test players’ quick thinking and strategy on the go as they compete to seize shrinking control points while also having to defend a territory simultaneously.
- Space Assault pits attacking and defending teams against one another—each side having their own advantages; and while the attacking team will be able to respawn their ships, defenders will be more resilient thanks to a gradual healing ability.
- Torpedo Beat puts destroyers on center stage: Torpedoes are now the primary weapon in this explosive 5v5 team battle. With enhanced maneuverability and accelerated torpedo tube reloading, it’s the ultimate survival test for destroyer specialists.
World of Tanks Mercenaries
Get ready to leave the atmosphere. This year, the M24 Lunar is back to take to the low-gravity battlefield in 7v7 PvP combat and reward players with XP and Silver!
Every player will be gifted the M24 Lunar and a Garage slot to use exclusively for the duration of the mode. During the event, respawns are enabled and both the Moon and Mars maps will be in rotation. To play this extraterrestrial mode, log into the game and select Lunar Combat in the Game Mode Menu.
For players who would love to have a Lunar rover in their Garage all-year round, Mercenaries is offering up exactly that. The Lunar Rover-237—a Premium tank that can be used in normal combat modes—will be available in the Store throughout the event. Note: The Lunar Rover-237 cannot be used in the event mode.
World of Tanks Blitz
A new event, Sentinel Challenge, is taking place with the main prize of the Australian-born, but naturalized Brit—the AC IV Sentinel. Running from 11th April to 18th April, players will compete to earn Trophies and complete event stages. Trophies will be awarded for combat experience earned, and better yet, XP multipliers (such as boosters, Premium Account and x2 bonuses) will count too. Along the way, players can earn extra special and unique items, but for now they are a surprise.