Senior Concept Artist
Wargaming, the dynamic new arm of the legendary creator of World of Tanks, is looking to hire an experienced and ambitious Senior Concept Artist to our Berlin team. It’s your chance to influence the visual direction of our exciting new products. We seek a person with outstanding creative vision, strong communication skills and the will to challenge themselves and grow those around you.
The Senior Concept Artist reports directly to the Art Director
What will you do?
- Work closely with AD to create exceptional character and environment concept art.
- Gather reference and research to aid the Visual Development Artist create moodboards.
- Produce fast sketches to help communicate ideas to the team.
- Create narratives through images.
- Proactively communicate with stakeholders and AD.
- Help dev team to solve technical problems through innovative design and aesthetics.
- Produce paintovers to help communicate visual targets and improve the overall quality of output.
- Liaise with and direct outsourcing teams if necessary
What are we looking for?
- Art Degree or equivalent.
- 2+ years of practical Industry experience.
- Keen interest in pop culture, including video games, film, and art.
- Expertise in Adobe Photoshop.
- Additional Proficiencies in 3D and Painting software a significant plus
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Exceptional traditional life drawing and painting skills.
- Knowledge of anatomy, perspective, composition and colour theory is essential.
- Ability to work in a spectrum of styles, ranging from cartoon to photorealistic.
- Strong communication and time management skills.
- Able to triage tasks and multi-task
- Innate creativity combined with outstanding analytical skills
What we offer:
- Joining an international team of people passionate about gaming
- Working in one of the main European hubs for multi-platform game development
- Startup within a company with 20 years of experience in game development
- Unlimited leave upon manager approval
- Public transportation ticket
- Company cell phone of your choice
- Gym membership
- Snacks, drinks, and fruit in the office
- Home Internet reimbursement
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Delivering legendary games since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the free-to-play MMO gaming industry with 4500+ employees and more than 20 offices globally. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming’s titles across all major gaming platforms, including the massively popular World of Tanks and World of Warships.
Working in our company means always having interesting challenges and gaining valuable experience while working with top-class experts.
Take your place among our passionate and experienced team and bring out the best in yourself at Wargaming!