Lead 2D/ Concept Artist
Wargaming seeks an experienced, Lead 2D/ Concept Artist to join our game development team. You will collaborate with and support leadership in the creation and realisation of game vision, and will focus on 2D and related aspects of game art production.
The ideal candidate will have a deep and wide enthusiasm and curiosity for art and design, well-read and aware of current visual design, game and film visual trends.
The Lead 2D/ Concept Artist reports directly to the Senior Art Director
What will you do?
- Collaborate with, and support senior art/ tech art leadership to develop and deliver the highest standard of art assets and processes
- Hands on creation of concept/ mock-ups and game assets
- Ability to document visual development and 2D pipeline best practice and evolution, in collaboration with senior art leadership
- Preparation and feedback of external contractor tasks and deliverables for Concept/ 2D in conjunction with Art director/ Game design and outsource manager
- People management, skills development and mentoring within the 2D team and wider if appropriate
What are we looking for?
- Art Degree or equivalent
- High level art skills in drawing/ painting/ environment/ props/ characters/ anatomy/ perspective/ lighting
- 2D software expert level Photoshop
- Unity experience, implementation experience a bonus
- Tangential interest in art, including sculpture, poster design, animation, film, theatre design
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Illustrator/ 2D animation software such as Spine
- Graphic design/ UI experience
- 3D skills
- PC/Mobile/ Console experience
- Design thinking/ product design knowledge
- Versatility, able to work in a range of styles
What we offer:
- Joining an international team of people passionate about gaming
- Working in one of the main European hubs for multi-platform game development
- Startup within a company with 20 years of experience in game development
- Unlimited leave upon manager approval
- Public transportation ticket
- Company cell phone of your choice
- Gym membership
- Snacks, drinks, and fruit in the office
- Home Internet reimbursement
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Delivering legendary games since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the free-to-play MMO gaming industry with 4500+ employees and more than 20 offices globally. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming’s titles across all major gaming platforms, including the massively popular World of Tanks and World of Warships.
Working in our company means always having interesting challenges and gaining valuable experience while working with top-class experts.
Take your place among our passionate and experienced team and bring out the best in yourself at Wargaming!