Senior Environment Artist, World of Tanks
Wargaming Prague is looking for a Senior Environment Artist to work on new and exciting features for our groundbreaking MMO title World of Tanks, which has over 100 million players worldwide.
As the Senior Environment Artist, you’ll be covering full development cycle of complex photo-realistic 3D models for World of Tanks maps and hangars, mentor Environment artists in the team and supervise their work.
You’ll also improve workflows and pipelines in the team, introducing new tools and approaches. You’ll work on organizing internal library of photo-realistic tiled materials using UpToDate techniques and participate in asset pool planning for new maps and hangars, considering game specific and style consistency.
To be successful, you need to be an experienced, proactive, open minded Environment Artist who is passionate about game development, using modern technologies and working in a collaborative multicultural environment.
The Senior Environment Artist will report to the Environment Art Lead.
What will you do?
- Create complex environment assets like buildings and modular architectural sets
- Create complex photorealistic nature assets like mountains, rocks and trees
- Mentor team members, introducing advanced pipelines and tools
- Supervise work of your teammates, driving and pushing quality
- Work on internal material library
What are we looking for?
- 5+ years of Environment Art experience gained in video game industry
- Proven ability to create high quality photorealistic models and textures of AAA quality
- Solid knowledge of Maya, Zbrush, Photoshop and Substance products
- A great eye for scale,proportion and composition
- Excellent verbal and written skills, and be able to both take critique and give feedback internally and externally in a professional manner
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Knowledge of architecture styles and principles
- Sketching skills – ability to visualize your vision quickly on paper
- Traditional art skills (drawing, painting, sculpting, photography)
- Experience in photogrammetry
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Delivering legendary games since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the free-to-play MMO gaming industry with 4500+ employees and more than 20 offices globally. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming’s titles across all major gaming platforms, including the massively popular World of Tanks and World of Warships.
Working in our company means always having interesting challenges and gaining valuable experience while working with top-class experts.
Take your place among our passionate and experienced team and bring out the best in yourself at Wargaming!