Game Data Analyst
Wargaming is looking for a proactive, excited and determined Game Data Analyst to strengthen the World of Tanks product analytics team.
We collect all kinds of information about the events in the ‘WoT universe’: from economic, financial and detailed combat data to the precise coordinates of each shot and tank movement, interface telemetry and many others. All of them are routed to a singular database and are available for analysis 24/7.
You will be working with the WoT Product Team responsible for decision-making process, with the Data Warehouse team responsible for data storage, reports system and our infrastructure, as well as 60 analytics all over the world united under Wargaming Global Analyst Network.
Reports to Team Lead of WoT Analytics
What will you do?
- Gather and formulate requirements, conduct analytical research from producers, PMs, UX/UI and game designers, developers, QA and artists;
- Participating in analytical maintenance for features, game events and modes throughout all development and release stages;
- Helping deliver important data to managers and other product teams necessary for decision making;
- Pre-Production Analytics: modeling likely outcomes and risks from implementing new features, game modes and events into the game; providing analysis of their full development cycle (from concept to release);
- Production Analytics: developing and preparing analytical reports, metrics and methodologies for evaluating features, game modes and events in operation; looking for anomalies and insights that help increase effectiveness of the product and its parts;
- Operation Analytics: creating and supporting analytical tools and interfaces (dashboards) for rapid updates on the status of the product and its subsystems delivered to the management and the responsible teams;
- Presenting the research results and filling the product analytics knowledge base to share with other teams.
What are we looking for?
- Understanding the principles of formalizing business tasks in research plans, as well as experience writing analytical reports and presenting their results;
- Advanced SQL knowledge;
- Experience with at least one data visualization solution (Tableau / Qlik / Microsoft Power BI etc);
- Experience with R / Python and popular libraries for data processing and analysis;
- 1+ year experience on a similar position (2+ years as a non-product analytic).
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Being prepared to learn, take in and systemize vast amounts of data within a short time;
- Experience working with Cloudera Impala / Hive, Oracle SQL, Tableau, R / Python;
- Knowledge and practical application of machine learning algorithms;
- Written and spoken English (Intermediate+);
- Rich gaming experience in different games and over 1000 World of Tanks battles.
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Operating since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the gaming industry with 5,500 employees and 18 offices spread worldwide. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming's titles across all major gaming platforms. Our flagship products include the free-to-play hits World of Tanks and World of Warships, as well as World of Tanks Blitz — the critically acclaimed mobile tank shooter with cross-platform support.
A career in our company is always an interesting challenge, as well as the experience that you gain working together with world-class experts.
Are you up to the challenge?!