We are developing a First-Person Shooter, based around a brand-new IP, and need a strong business/data analyst to ensure that the team, the product, and the business are making the best data-informed decisions possible.
The Senior Analyst reports to the Director of Publishing.
What will you do?
- Pre-Production Analytics: modeling likely outcomes and risks from implementing new features, game modes and events into the game; providing analysis of their full development cycle (from concept to release)
- Production Analytics: developing and preparing analytical reports, metrics and methodologies for evaluating features, game modes and events in operation; looking for anomalies and insights that help increase effectiveness of the product and its parts
- Operation Analytics: creating and supporting analytical tools and interfaces (dashboards) for rapid updates on the status of the product and its subsystems delivered to the management and the responsible teams
- Extract data from multiple data sources and systems, combining them into cleaned datasets for analytics or modeling
- Intake business questions as an analytics problem and devise a concrete set of analytical tasks to answer those questions
- Perform statistical data analysis and next level analyses to showcase the impacts of various decisions around the game
What are we looking for?
- Understanding the principles of formalizing business tasks in research plans, as well as experience writing analytical reports and presenting their results
- Advanced Python (preferably) or R data processing, visualization and analysis skills (pandas, numpy, sklearn)
- Advanced SQL
- Experience with Tableau (preferably) or any other visualization tools (e.g. Power BI);
- First-hand experience with statistical experimentation set up and analysis
- Demonstrated understanding of both game as a service and analytics best practices
- Basic knowledge of web analytics (Google Analytics and Tag Manager)
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Experienced in building effective stakeholder relationships
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Able to tell clear and actionable stories using data
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Operating since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the gaming industry with 5,500 employees and 18 offices spread worldwide. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming's titles across all major gaming platforms. Our flagship products include the free-to-play hits World of Tanks and World of Warships, as well as World of Tanks Blitz — the critically acclaimed mobile tank shooter with cross-platform support.
A career in our company is always an interesting challenge, as well as the experience that you gain working together with world-class experts.
Are you up to the challenge?!